The goal is to create an universal extensible tool for learning resources conversion that includes an initial set of supported standards with an open architecture that allow to support the integration of new adapters.
Several standards for representing learning resources are proliferating.
These standards provide fixed data structures and communication protocols for e-learning objects and workflows. This enables interoperability between applications providing uniform communication guidelines that can be used throughout the design, development, and delivery of learning objects.
Consequently learning content portability across different tools is needed by end users for reusing existing material.
- ILear is a Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 solution.
- It allow users to store original and converted contents in SharePoint document libraries.
- It provides an infrastructure to support the translation that facilitates the development and deploy of new translators
- It defines the interface of a generic learning package converter
- It defines the interface of a generic SCORM package converter
- It provides a full implementation of SCORM 1.2 to SCORM 2004 converter
- It provides a partial implementation of SCORM 2004 to SCORM 1.2 converter ( only for infrastructure capabilities demonstration )
ILear is distributed both as:
- Visual Studio 2008 solution with all source code ( for developers )
- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 solution with install/unistall scripts ( for end users)